Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact participant support by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know that you value your personal information, and we strive to protect your privacy as if it were our own. The Autism Treatment Center of America® (a division of The Option Institute & Fellowship®) uses of your information is limited to the ways outlined in this notice, except as required by law and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
Information We Collect From You
We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you request information or place an order for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, credit card information.
Requests: If you submit an online request for Autism Treatment Center of America products such as free brochures, or submit a question through a “Contact Us” query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, shipping address, telephone number, and email address.
Registration and Purchases: If you choose to register for a program or purchase products or services, our secure order form requests contact, billing, and financial information (such as your credit card numbers for purchases). Contact information from the order form (such as email address, name, billing and shipping address, and phone number) is used to send orders and information about our company to you.
Lawful Basis For Processing Your Data
- Fulfillment of Requests: We only store and process your information for the purpose of your request. Your information is removed and no longer processed after the request has been fulfilled. If you have also freely consented to receive marketing or promotional communications via a request form or registration form, we will retain your information until you revoke your consent or unsubscribe from receiving those communications via the instructions located at the bottom of all our emails.
Use Of Information Collected From You
Online Orders: We use the information you provide about yourself when conducting a transaction to complete that transaction only. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your request. After making a donation or placing an online order, your contact information including your email address will be used to get in touch with you, should we have questions regarding your order or should we need to notify you of the status of your order. Your credit card information is transmitted securely to our third party processing provider in compliance with payment card industry standards. Certain forms will allow you to opt-in to receive marketing/promotional communications, which you can always unsubscribe to at any time using the instructions at the bottom of our emails. Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Information Requests, and Customer Service: After submitting information to us via our online forms, your contact information including your email address will be used to respond to that request. Also, after making a donation or placing an online order, your contact information including your email address will be used to get in touch with you should we have questions regarding your order or should we need to notify you of the status of your order. Your credit card information is transmitted securely to our third party processing provider in compliance with payment card industry standards. After you submit online information requests to us, make a donation, or place an online order, you may, from time to time, receive email or other communications from us or our service providers with information including information about our upcoming programs or products. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you are able to opt out of at any time by following the unsubscribe link found in the email.
Third-Party Service Providers: We work closely with other companies and individuals to facilitate transactions and better your experience. Examples of third-party service provider services include shipping orders, analyzing data, providing accurate search results and links, processing credit card payments, affiliate marketing, and newsletters. Any information that we share with a third-party service provider is done so safely, securely, and under a contractual relationship with that provider to protect your data.
Sharing of Your Data
- If we are required by law - we will disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legitimate governmental request.
- We will only share your data with third party service providers such as email services to facilitate fulfilment of your information or contact request. None of your information will be processed or stored by any third party if you choose to revoke your consent or submit a request to be forgotten.
- We do not share or distribute your information with any other third parties for any purposes other than the purposes you freely consent to.
Data Retention Policy
We maintain a data retention policy to protect your data. Information collected on our website will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Online Store Accounts: In some cases, you may choose to create an account on our online store to better track and manage your orders. If you choose to create an account on the online store, your information will be stored until you choose to remove it from your account or close your account by using the following page https://optioninstitutestore.org/index.php?route=account/login .
Our Commitment to Data Security
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. We use industry standard security protocol such as advanced encryption and the https security protocol to communicate with your browser software.
While we are confident ordering online is safe and secure, if for any reason you cannot access the secure server or feel uncomfortable ordering online, please feel free to place your order with us by phone at 877-766-7473 or +001-413-229-2100.
At any time, you can use the following request form https://gdpr.autismtreatmentcenter.org/ to request any of the following:
- confirm whether or not personal data about you is being processed
- provide you with further details about how we process your personal data
- provide you with a copy of any data which we hold about you
- withdraw your consent to using your personal information, where we rely on your consent as a legal basis to justify using your personal data
- consider any valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds related to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing)
- request to update or delete personal data which we hold about you
- restrict the way that we process your personal data
- consider any valid request to transfer your personal data to a third party provider of services (data portability)
We will consider all requests. However, certain personal information may be exempt from those requests in certain circumstances, which include a need to keep processing information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If such an exception applies, we will notify you when responding to your request. Please note that we may ask you to provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding.